On 2015-02-24 03:48, Matt wrote:
Thanks for all the advice received on and off list.
My main doubt was about the quality of cheap receivers but you cleared
that doubt. To answer a few questions, the antenna would be put on top
of the building on top right corner of
http://referentiel.nouvelobs.com/file/2458497.jpg (the only square
with some kind of roof) in Paris. So I am confident we can receive a
good signal here. I don't think the tower could be a problem.

The tower could create multipath reflections, and electrical equipment
on a roof, such as elevator motors, could add noise.
On top of the tower or further away south west would reduce reflections.
--
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis