Hi

Not all modern  “5V"  antennas are bothered by a +12V feed. Some are happy up
to 15V.  One generic white body antenna without a label on it is not always the
same as other generic white body antenna without a label on it. It’s a wild and
crazy world out there.

It is reasonable to check the voltage out of these older boxes and to be
cautious
if they are putting out +12V on the feed. It’s also reasonable to consider that
there are a few older (mostly survey) antennas that claim to be “damaged by
input voltages below 7V”. One wonders of course if they suffer damage when
powered
down on the shelf … :)

Bob