Bob Camp wrote:
Well it sounds like there are (so far) no major reports of extreme behavior.
There still seem to be
*lots* of reports of systems that do not handle things gracefully. I wonder if
the data above is
specific to a chip set (which it probably is) or to how Glonass  handles leap
seconds (yikes !!!).

As said in my previous email, it was a NVD8C-CSM v3.1 module specifically set to GLONASS-only mode.

I'm assuming the problem is specific to GLONASS.

The GPS satellites sends their data frames in 6 second intervals aligned with GPS time which is linear, with constant offset to TAI, so the data frames are not affected by a leap second.

It's been quite a while that I looked at some GLONASS specs, but if I remember correctly the data frames sent by GLONASS satellites are aligned with UTC. So if a leap second is inserted or deleted there *is* some interruption in the sequence of the data frames.

So it's much more difficult for receivers to keep tracking GLONASS satellites than GPS satellites over a leap second, and I'm not specifically surprised that GLONASS receiver at least loose sync when a leap second occurs.

Martin