Hi

> On Jul 2, 2015, at 12:19 AM, Mary Crowson <crowson....@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> Hi. I'm pretty new to time nuts. I'm pretty much a novice, but a novice in
> training. I subscribed to this group because I had reviewed pertinent
> information that was being shared, and I appreciate the acceptance. I'm not
> sure I can be of much immediate help to any others, but perhaps eventually.
> Having said that, I come here, today, seeing some knowledge and advice.

Welcome !!!

> I have a Lucent RFTGm-II-Rb/Lucent RFTGm-II-XO unit. I intend to convert the
> 15MHz output to 10MHz for use as a GPSDO for an external standard for my test
> equipment that I'm slowly acquiring and learning about, and learning about
> and acquiring. I've seen the project where the 15 MHz was converted to 10
> MHz. Helpful. I have some questions about this specific unit, or set. They
> are combined on a common rack that is much larger than my test equipment,
> when coupled. There are some distribution hubs that are located on top of
> each, respectively. Combiner/splitter. One is the 15 pin D-sub connector
> type. The other is BNC. Does anybody have access to the operating manuals for
> these, as well as the software, if one wishes to marry it to a PC and another
> program?

The Lucent boxes mostly speak SCPI. It’s more for monitoring them than
operating them. If you dig into the archives, there are a couple of programs
that
are worth looking at as well as information on the (likely) command set / baud
rates for use with a terminal program.

> The next question is also GPSDO related. I have four of the 469357A GPS
> antennas that were utilized with this equipment. According to some sources,
> they have a gain of 20 dB. According to other sources, they have a gain of 30
> dB. According to some sources, the gain is somewhere in between. Does anybody
> know for sure what the Nokia/Symmetricom ratings are, apart from their being
> 5V?

The antennas came from a half dozen sources. They have gains from about 22 db
to 28 db depending on the source. Given that the tolerance on the gain
is often +/- 3db, there may not be a lot of difference between the antennas.

> Finally, for now, does anybody have any recommendations as to how I could, in
> an affordable manner, without spending $350+ on a new GPS antenna combiner,
> combine the signals for these four GPS antennas, to be utilized by the single
> Lucent RFTGm-II-Rb/Lucent RFTGm-II-XO combined unit?

You very much do not want to do that. GPS is a one antenna sort of thing. It
depends on all the signals arriving at a single point in space. With multiple
antennas, there would be no real way for the receiver to do it’s thing. You
*can* run one antenna into multiple receivers.

> As a measure to foil GOS spoofing, as well as giving a better chance of
> locking into satellites quicker, as well as maintaining connection, with
> multiple receivers located on each of four corners of a dwelling, since I
> don't have the best unobstructed location for optimal satellite signal, due
> to a canopy of trees, and other residential buildings with similar
> landscaping?

If you are in the US, what you want is the single location that gives you the
best view due south. That’s the one most likely to give you a good population
of sat’s in view.

Bob