On 8/5/2015 6:44 PM, Jim Lux wrote:

I'm not sure it would buy you much.. you'd have something running at 240kHz switching the inputs to the detector?

It's MUCH easier to just digitize the 60kHz with a high resolution converter. And have a nice BPF in front of the digitizer.

The tayloe/quadrature sampling detector (a key part of the Flexradio original design) is more convenient if you're making a direct conversion receiver that needs to tune up to 10s of MHz, since it allows you to use a slow ADC with lots of bits. It's basically a I/Q mixer and will take a lot more parts in total than just getting a 192ksps 24 bit converter.

Thanks for the numbers.

I was uncertain how to scale the sample rate for the I/Q.

Don