On 8/12/2015 4:13 AM, Bob Camp wrote:
Hi

Indeed, there is a *lot* of difference between the REF-1 and the REF-0. Working
out a clone of the two
could be a major undertaking. I’d only try it if there was nothing else on my
schedule for the winter :)

It’s the observation that the ROM’s are likely identical that has me interested
in the idea. *IF* that’s a correct
guess (and I have not verified it’s true with dumps), there must be jumpers
that tell the board what it is and what
it does. There *could* be some interesting things that you can do with this or
that jumper.

Bob, some of the differences are on the bottom of the board and appear to be concerned with the interface connector. Also of course the stuff to supply power to the antenna. The interface stuff might be deciding where the 1 pps comes from? I took a long look at the two boards side by side and decided that there was way too much to move from one to the other and vice versa, and not all of it easy to identify either.

All the ICs with paper labels are similarly marked in both the -0 and -1 units.

Much as I like a challenge, this is a few dozen parts too far for me...

Dan