Hi folks,
Need a bit of advise: I have a project underway that requires multiple GPS receivers. They all provide 3V power to the antenna. My existing antenna is a generic KS-24019L112A (26dB) that needs 5V. There's about 75' of 1/2 heliax between the receiver location and antenna.

Best fix I can come up with is using a re-purposed Spectracom 8224* splitter with an external power supply for the antenna, and DC blocking at the receiver ports.

Two questions

1. Is there another vendor I should be looking at?
2. Do I need to add gain at the splitter (options are -8.5 dB or +18
   dB).  Heliax chart says 2.771 dB loss per 100' @ 1.5 GHz, with
   another dB loss in the connectors and protector.

Cheers,

Martin Flynn

*http://spectracom.com/ProductsServices/TimingSynchronization/GPSAntennasAccessories/8224GPSAntennaSplitter/tabid/147/Default.aspx