Hi,

Thanks for the comments this morning.

I'm not looking for something huge, maybe in the under $200 range. Just enough
for the Thunderbolt, laptop, and Agilent 53131A counter. I'd like a little
headroom though, as I may add another Thunderbolt or a rubidium standard
someday.

I do like the 12 V battery idea. I run my ham gear off a 12 V gel cell (I'm
mainly QRP so a 32 Ah cell works for me) and I have a 12 V distribution system
with Anderson Power Poles on my operating bench.

I do a lot of VLF and LF listening but my antennas are outside.  Nothing at
this time above 2 meters.

 I live in a very quiet rural area on top of a mountain in Tennessee. So not
much man made noise at all and I wanted to keep it quiet emission wise.

Thanks for all your help.

Chris

KD4PBJ

—