barefoot in your workshop.

      From: Mark Sims <hol...@hotmail.com>

When I was in high school (early 1970's) I designed and built my own alarm
clock out of TTL... (none of that sticking the guts of a commercial alarm clock
in a pencil case that get kids arrested today).  Also built my first computer
by interfacing a TV Typewriter to a calculator chip.  I was well skilled in the
dark arts of soldering (hint: don't solder in the nude) and wire wrapping.

There is no substitute for hands-on experience, learning, and experimenting
(particularly when it comes to soldering in the nude going wrong,  or the
subtle wonders of stepping bare foot on a legs-up TO3 power transistor).