--------
In message <20160116080037.13903406...@ip-64-139-1-69.sjc.megapath.net>, Hal
Murray writes:

>kb...@n1k.org said:
>> The astonishing part of this “new world” is that a very complex chip that is
>> made in high volume is cheaper than a handful of less popular (but far less
>> complex) chips.
>
>It would be interesting to see the die sizes.

Die size is not really an issue until they become big enough to impact overall
yield.

And apropos:  I just used a LPC810, to do 5MHz to 1Hz for my HP5065A clock.  It
almost
feels surreal to use a 32bit ARM CPU, even in a DIP8, for something so
mundane...

p...@freebsd.org         | TCP/IP since RFC 956