Hello Time-Nuts,

I have recently come into possession of a Navsymm Proteus GPS Time and
Frequency Generator. Also known under Navstar Systems. There have been various
postings about this piece of kit, in some of which there was a mention of the
CDU software which allows to configure it.

The thing powers up but does not lock on. The manual says this could be the
case if it was moved since last locked and it may need configuring.

To cut a long story short, does anybody have the CDU software and could it be
“shared”? It seems to need an old-style PC but that won’t be a problem around
here.

I will meanwhile check if any sense can be made of its outputs, in case there
is some hardware problem.

Thanks in advance,

Thomas.