I currently operate a stratum 1 NTP server in the NTP pool using a U-Blox
Max-7Q GPS module with PPS attached to, variously, a Raspberry Pi via GPIO or a
Celeron mini PC via serial DB-9. The machine does nothing but serve time to the
pool. Operating systems of choice are Debian or FreeBSD.

What would be my next step up be, hardware-wise, in terms of improving
precision, stability, etc? A GPSDO? Budget is limited as far as these things go
- about £150 UK/$210 US.

I appreciate this is basic stuff compared to the usual discussions but this
doesn't seem the right question to ask on the NTP lists. Any help appreciated.
Thanks.