The Ublox receivers do not have a message that outputs GPS time directly.  It's
easiest to take the UTC time message and subtract the leapsecond offset to get
GPS time.   The itow value in the NAV_TIMEGPS message is milliseconds past
midnight of the start of the GPS week... probably not something you want to be
doing calculations from.  I use the TIMEUTC message.  I only use the leapsecond
offset from TIMEGPS.

It looks like Ublox is sending the time message AFTER the 1PPS pulse ("at the
beep, the time was...") , and just about everybody else sends it before the
pulse ("at the beep, the time is ...") ... Bastards!  I wonder about the
thought (or lack of it) process that decided that was the way to do it.  And
don't get me started on the idiot receivers that send the sawtooth correction
message after the fact...