On 6/27/2016 1:51 PM, Hal Murray wrote:
I assume you are doing this for fun.  That means you get to do whatever you
think will be fun.

The DS3231 is pretty crappy by time nuts standards.
Maybe, but simply by adjusting mine by measuring the 32 kHz output with an accurate counter I can get them to keep to within about one second a month. I have two incorporated in homebrew HF transceivers that I built and find that their performance is actually pretty impressive, /for what they are/. Being able to set time zones and UTC offset from the radio's front panel is also handy. After all they only claim to be a fairly accurate clock. I doubt that any of the fancy schemes being proposed for measurement will improve the basic accuracy much.

Dan