That Adafruit Ultimate GPS Breakout works quite well indoors. I live in an older house with tongue & groove roof topped by slate and plaster & lath walls with thick stone on the outside. That GPS usually has 8+ satellites anywhere in the house except the basement. Basement not as good, often no reception at all.

Ed