Hi Didier,

I use ExpressPCB as well, but I send the ExpressPCB file to a company called Futurlec ( http://www.futurlec.com/PCBService.shtml ). They have reasonable prices. Because it is overseas it takes about three weeks to get the product back. So far I have been very impressed with the product I recieved. I have even had notches done in the four corners to fit a plastic box that came out very well.

Also, There is a person who started to write his own version of layout program based off of the ExpressPCB program called "Copper Connection." ( http://www.robotroom.com/CopperConnection/index.html ) It is a bit more involved than the ExpressPCB program and does have GERBER files as a selection. However he charges for the program but it seems the prices are reasonable ( http://www.robotroom.com/CopperConnection/Buy.html ).

73....Bill....WB6BNQ

Didier Juges wrote:

The way ExpressPCB works is that their free software produces boards in a
proprietary format, and you have to pay to convert their design file to Gerber.

Your mileage may vary but I found the combination of design tools learning
curve, board quality and quick service to be worthwhile to me.

I have tried Eagle twice and never could manage to build the models I needed.
It may have been an issue of not finding the right tutorial but I have produced
several ExpressPCB designs in less time than I have tried (unsuccessfully) to
produce a single schematic in Eagle, let alone a PWB. Since it is a hobby that
has become a business, time matters to me, design time and delivery.

At that point, the cost of the Gerber becomes somewhat irrelevant.

Note that you can make boards of any size in ExpressPCB.

I am not advocating it is the best solution for everyone, I personally would
like to be proficient with Eagle, but Express PCB works for me.

Didier KO4BB

On August 11, 2016 10:45:45 PM CDT, Chris Albertson <albertson.ch...@gmail.com>