On 10/1/2016 6:54 PM, Bob Stewart wrote:
OK, I give up.  My participation in this thread is over.
Why?

You asked some questions and several people have tried to help you. I think one issue is that you mention measuring phase angle with a voltmeter and people naturally think "phase detector." An example is Slide 20 on page 213 in this reference: http://hpmemoryproject.org/an/pdf/HP-3048A_cal_man.pdf (I happened to have worked with Terry Decker, one of he coauthors, at Hughes Aircraft a long time ago)

As Bob Camp said earlier, both sources are not on nearly the same frequency but exactly the same frequency. If you are thinking of measuring something other than this, then we have a semantics issue and need clarification of what it is you want to know.

Regards, Wes Stewart