Kapton tape.

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 12:15 AM, Ed Palmer wrote:

I recently bought an unused FTS-1000A Oscillator.

My previous experience and Christopher Hoover's recent experience warned me that with time and heat, the red rubber blanket that surrounds the oven will bond the oven assembly to the Dewar flask. It occurred to me that this is the perfect time to wrap something around the rubber blanket to stop it from bonding to the Dewar. After thinking about it for a while, the best idea I can come up with is a simple layer of acid-free paper. The temperature isn't high enough to bother the paper and it shouldn't bond to the glass at all.

Any thoughts or suggestions on this?

Ed

P.S. I have opened the unit and the oven slid out of the Dewar with very little coaxing, so it really does appear to be an unused unit.