Any pole mount outdoor antenna with a gain in the 20 to 30 db range should be
fine with any of these units. Cable loss can be an issue if it is getting the
net
gain down below 10 db (antenna gain - cable loss). The frequency is 1.5 GHz
Perfect, mine should have 3.5 + 26db. I will start with few meters of RG8X (or
something similar I don't remember what I have) then I will use something
better.
Trimble and Symmetricom made a number of “twin” units over the years. They
went into the same application, but did not function identically on the serial
side.
The OEM apparently was expected to deal with two different interfaces. Things
like power in and timing signals out would be identical for the two designs.
Uhm, ok. Let's see what I will get.

thanks.

Giuseppe Marullo
IW2JWW - JN45RQ