I will point out that I have rejuvenated many a fan by peeling off the round label covering the bearing and adding a small amount of oil.

David N1HAC

On 11/21/16 12:57 PM, jimlux wrote:
On 11/21/16 6:39 AM, Charles Steinmetz wrote:
Tom wrote:

EFB0412MD
Airflow 7.17 CFM
6300 RPM
Noise 24 dBA

FBK04F12U
Same exact form factor.
Air Flow 9.2 CFM
9500 RPM
Noise 42 dB(A)

Note the 18dB greater noise (that's a HUGE difference).  Even with bad
bearings in the original fan, it is probably considerably quieter (by
10dB or more) than the proposed replacement.  On the other hand, the
replacement moves 28% more air, which may be a good thing.

That's a 40mm fan, which is a standard size, I'll bet you can find a slower turning/quieter fan.