This could be done with a LOT fewer chips. Two ways to go

1)  All you need is a phase inverter controlled by a one bit signal
and an attenuator also controlled by a one bit signal and a small
micro controller.  the small uP provides the two control signals.   It
maybe gets time from a 1PPs

 2) A faster computer could do direct synthesis of the 60KHz waveform
  You write 180K samples to a DAC per second    One of the $10 ARM
SBCs will work.  You would need to apply a good 60KHz low pass filter

On Mon, Jan 2, 2017 at 1:18 PM, M. Simon via time-nuts
<time-nuts@febo.com> wrote:
> I have come up with a ridiculously simple WWVB simulator that simulates both
> the AM modulation and the BPSK modulation.
>
> A simple explanation and a link to the core schematic can be found here:
> http://spacetimepro.blogspot.com/2017/01/wwvb-simulator.html
> I'm working on fleshing out the design and producing a PCB. Any comments or
> suggestions before I complete the design are welcome. I will try to
> incorporate useful suggestions in the final design.
>
> Note: I have looked all over the 'net for a similar design or any thing
> hinting at it. I found nothing. Once you see the design it becomes obvious.
>
> What clarified it for me is that I looked at the last diagram in this file
> http://www.wparc.us/presentations/SDR-2-19-2013/Tayloe_mixer_x3a.pdf  and
> then plotted out the digital version of what the one cycle of the carrier
> would look like given that the signal is just made up of ones and zeros.
> The final design (as far as I have gone) incorporates a synchronizing latch
> so the signals only change at the "zero" of the modulator.
>
> Simon
>  Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a
> profit.
> I like Polywell Fusion.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California