Hi Clint,

Actually there are two versions of the 5680. The older version is exactly like the 5650 option 58 composition. The newer version has the DDS as part of the signal generation for the physics package. And it appears that they may be using an FPGA programmed as a divider to provide the output frequency.

Bill....WB6BNQ

Clint Jay wrote:

Yes,  in the 5650 there's only DDS on opt 58,  in the 5680 there is one in
the main loop too,  my bad for not being precise/muddled.