> What can I do at home, to observe such processes? Or is it way beyond
> any imagination to participate in any such experiments?
>
> Volker

LIGO is a billion dollar experiment, involving thousands of PhD's so it will be
some time until you can do that sort of stuff alone at home, or with your
family.

Jim Palfreyman has mentioned before what it would take to do Pulsar
measurements as a home experiment. Search for the old threads or he can jump in
to remind us why it can't or hasn't been done yet. See also the thread a month
ago about a DIY H-masers since you'll want some of them on hand before you
start.

It's worth spending time reading anything about LIGO. The experiment is
out-of-this-world clever, complex, sensitive. And it actually works! Unlike the
particle physics tree, which seems to be nearing the end of bearing fruit, LIGO
is at the very beginning of an entirely new way to study the universe.

/tvb