On 12/04/17 17:00, "Tom Van Baak" wrote:

> It turns out that OP (Andre) would like the readings of his vintage Black
> Star (UK) Nova 2400[X] 8-digit 2.4 GHz bench frequency counter to be accurate
> and stable to the 8th digit. That's all. The internal XO or TCXO is not good
> enough for that last digit or two. Not to mention the cal date is 1996.
>
> So the good news is that he is *not* embarking on a life-long project to
> build his own atomic clock. This thread is just a newbie looking for a simple
> answer to an accuracy / stability / calibration question. His counter has a
> BNC for external timebase, so ...
>
> I think it would help him if any UK/EU time-nuts:
> - have a 1e-9 or 1e-10 level OCXO to spare -- which he would have to
> calibrate, or
> - can help him locate a surplus telecom Rb -- inherently good enough that
> calibration is not even required, or
> - point him to a cheap newbie-friendly 10 MHz GPSDO -- if his environment
> would make that possible and reliable.
Would this help?

http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=234

GPSDO with selectable output frequencies, including 10MHz.

No affiliation, but would appear to fit the bill, at a (not
unreasonable) cost, compared to some of the second user kit on "the bay"
at times...   And it's in the UK..

Regards.

Dave G0WBX (or G8KBV both valid.)

~~~