It's been 20 years, but I will try to recap what I remember
about this connector.  I believe there were 3 customers,
and one of them required the DB connector with coax inserts
for reasons of backward compatibility.  I think this
vendor was Motorola.  We did not actually use the coax
inserts, but left them blank and ran the RF, etc on
ordinary pins.  I believe you can make an ordinary male
DB-25 mate with these insert versions by clipping off some
of the pins that would be blocked by the female insert
version.  I vaguely remember that the other 2 vendors
used gender changers or something.  There might have
an issue with the mating plane location being different
for different customers.

I am sure that time-nuts, being talented at repurposing,
will be able to think about this problem and come up with
a simple solution to interfacing with these boards.
No need to buy insert type connectors.  I never had
any trouble making cables that connected to these units
using plain vanilla DB25's.

Rick N6RK