I think many of us Time-Nuts have played with the wide range of frequency
standards surplussed from the Telecom market.

My questions is, will the quality of future surplus offerings go up or down as
4G and in the more distant future 5G surplus Frequency Standards hit the
market? It seems with higher data rates stability and phase noise demands will
increase, but will other advances find ways around the expense of a high end
Frequency Standard. I know some early telecom systems even want as far as
Cesium Standards, but more robust network tolerances seems to have reduced the
need for that level of performance. So which way are we headed?

Any thought? I imagine some members are actually involved in design and
implementation of the next generation telecom technologies and will have direct
knowledge.

Thanks;

Thomas Knox
1-303-554-0307