On 6/11/2017 6:09 AM, Magnus Danielson wrote:
Hi,

What papers would you recommend reading?

One of the things that we experimented on and improved was the passive wall to prohibit quick cooling of oven. A puff of air or the forced convection (fans) needed for other electronics would tie the metal shield very well to surrounding environment. Using a simple plastic wall/box as a windshield has a quite drastic effect at the rate of change in temperature, and allowed the oven to react better to it. It has proven a very good strategy to reduce the systematic effect that eats up stability. As systematic effect, it should not be part of ADEV, but if you ADEV it is there loud and clear.

On the E1938A, we tried externally cooling it by spraying it with
canned "freeze mist" and there was no observable fluctuation in
crystal temperature using the crystal in B mode (20 ppm/degree C).

Rick N6RK