Wes, Don,

I am quite surprised at the negative reaction to Anderson Power Pole
connectors. I have found them the best DC connector out there. I have used them
for a decade or two for all my DC feeds and have never had a problem: in my
home lab, my car, even for my laptop charger. They are inexpensive, reliable,
genderless (hermaphroditic) and easy to crimp. I use them for my 5V, 12V, 24V,
and 48V supplies as well as my DC backup systems.

What on earth are you doing with them that causes them to disconnect? I mean,
they are not meant for towing or lifting or rappelling. For critical
applications there is a plastic gizmo that keeps them mated; or just use a
square or figure 8 knot on the cables.

/tvb