Hi

> On Oct 4, 2017, at 11:21 AM, Mark Sims <hol...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Wenzel says an HC device tends to work better than an AC device in squarer
> applications.

That’s not the case for broadband phase noise or for close in jitter. The issue
with the older
AC parts is the crummy lead frame pinout. Setting them up so they did not
oscillate was not
as easy as it should have been. More modern single gate packages no long have
those issues.

There is always an … except … If you do a “feedback resistor” bias, forget
about any sort of
fast gate. Bias it with two resistors on the input and it should be fine. If
the second resistor blows
your budget then yes, it’s a issue.

Bob