On 11/7/17 1:44 PM, MLewis wrote:
Yo Gary!

With a strictly SSE skyview, I still regularly get signals from sats to my NW. When they're at the right elevation and heading, their signals pass over me and reflect back at me from a tall building. When running my M8T with the position unlocked, and those NW sats are getting a reflection and reporting in, (although the reflecting building is further away to the SE) my GPS position drifts up to 300' to my south (S of SSE). (reported position goes for a walk, staggering across the parking lot, wanders through a park with an occasional loop, across a road, then sits down for a while, before wandering back)

Is it reasonable to use the 9" ~= 1 ns for:
running with a fixed & correct survey position, and NW sats reflecting a signal to me, that 300' drift would equate to a (300' x 12") /  9" = 400, for a ballpark 400 ns error?

No.. in free space it's about a foot per nanosecond.. 9" is 0.75 velocity factor, reasonable for coax, for instance, depending on the dielectric.

Thanks,

Michael