> Le 13 nov. 2017 à 01:29, Hal Murray <hmur...@megapathdsl.net> a écrit :
>

> apollo...@gmail.com said:
>> prior to my senior project most geodetic surveyors  used a Wooden boxed,
>> marine chronometer, to get sub second UT1 time, or  back then, GMT
>
> How did you get the data out of the wooden box?

  I have a couple of marine chronometers that have electrical contacts closing
once a second. This signal is relayed by wires to terminals on the outside of
the box.
  One came from a Tashkent astronomical observatory and is Sidereal time rated,
the other is a nautical instrument which would probably have been connected to
slave clocks.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who
have not got it. »
George Bernard Shaw