Hi,

On 12/02/2017 11:05 AM, Attila Kinali wrote:
On Fri, 1 Dec 2017 21:10:55 +0000
Leo Bodnar <l...@leobodnar.com> wrote:

As promised, I started setting up dual asynchronous sources experiment
and performed a quick sanity check.  What I have [unsurprisingly] found
is that at this level controlled environment is a problem in itself.
For example, undoing input signal SMA connector by one turn shifted my
results by around 3.5ps - close to expected figure but still inconvenient.
I'll have to plan the setup before I build and validate it, otherwise the
results are not trustworthy.

3.5ps is pretty much what I'd expect in additional delay, when undoing an
SMA connector by one turn. One turn is about 0.7mm, assuming a VF of 0.6
you get to ~3.5ps.

There is a reason that one should use SMA momentum keys for repeatability.

I am quite impressed that you could measure it this accurately.

A VNA should not have a problem measuring that at RF frequencies.