Hi

It’s not the end stops that are the issue. It’s the wall of the pipe. If the
dimensions in
the sketch are roughly correct and you scale it to the dimensions of the eBay
antenna,
that is a big tall pipe. Indeed “nothing overhead” would mitigate part of the
issue. That magic
line runs roughly along Hadrian’s Wall in the UK. I’d bet that 80 degrees
overhead would still be
an issue.

Again, this is an extreme case and not the typical cover for a GPS antenna.

Water wise, one might note the large piles of snow sitting on my antennas at
the moment. Yes, I
could go knock it off, but somehow it just keeps coming back. Weird how winter
works …. There
is no perfect solution.

Bob