I've used a few Pt100 RTDs over the years for gas flow temperature control in the 200-300C range.  At 0.385 ohms per K, the challenge of managing the noise is a lot tougher than a cheapo NTC thermistor, but I needed repeatability and stability. http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/2278399.pdf

I use a 4-wire Kelvin connection, with 1 mA current drive. £14 at 10-off

Neil