If your hardware is capable of capturing up to 10 millions of
timestamps per second and calculating LR "on the fly", it is not a so
simple hardware, unless you consider simple hardware a 5megagates
Spartan3 (maybe more is needed). Moreover: if your clock is, say, at
most in an FPGA, 300MHz, your timestamps will have a one-shot
resolution of few nanoseconds. Where have you found a detailed
description of the CNT91 counting method? The only detailed
description I have found is the CNT90 (not 91) service manual and it
uses interpolators (page 4-13 of the service manual).