I have found the proximity of my home computer has kept a bedroom projection
clock from locking to WWVB.  Apparently the noise radiation from the computer
effectively jams the 60 kHz signal.

By setting the clock out on a deck about 30 feet further away from the
computer, the clock locks up every time in about five minutes.  I take the
batteries out to reboot the clock.  Otherwise it waits until after midnight to
began searching for the WWVB signal.  Presumably the designers felt 60 kHz
noise levels were lower at that time of night.

Bruce, KG6OJI