Hello Brooke

I do have some experience with beacon solutions that can also be used for WSPR
among all the different modes available:

The Next Generation Beacons platform: <http://www.rudius.net/oz2m/ngnb> also
used by some REAL time nuts :-)

PI4ino: <http://www.rudius.net/oz2m/pi4ino> OK not WSPR but PI4 but the
principle is the same.

But I can't find much information about the technical capabilities of the
WSPRLite in respect to what you need to know, e.g. what is the accuracy of the
MCU clock, how does it perform vs temperature, is there an on-board external
sync?

As pointed out by others the WSPR decoder accepts some time offset. But even if
you start your WSPRLite at the correct second for how long will it stay inside
the time capture window of WSPR before the above mentioned factors make it
useless?

For another application I have built a GPS simulator that sends out NMEA frame.
But after some time it has to be reset because the MCU ceramic resonator clock
has drifted to much. I have made this last a bit longer by adjusting the 1 s
interrupt controlling value but it still drifts.

For a remote operation I would not recommend a non synced device. As far as I
can see there is no such possibility in the WSPRLite so a GNS controlled
on/off-switch may be the way forward to make the WSPRLite start at the correct
time over time. Far from elegant I must admit.

Bo, OZ2M