So I've got some test equipment devices (mostly HP) with GPIB (or actually HPIB) connectors. Also a few others as non-HP stuff.

Mostly I have talked to them with a NI GPIB card in a PCMCIA slot in a laptop. Works great but the small notebook PC I have with a PCMIA slot is from the early 2000's and I'm worrying what if it dies. It is running XP but usually not on the internet.

I also have a couple very early aluminum case Prologix USB interfaces that I haven't tried to use in 10 years. I think I remember hearing these early ones had some issues, and I'd have to dig to re-learn how to talk to them.

So I haven't looked at GPIB interface devices in a long time but I'm getting a bit paranoid about the good NI PCMCIA card in a very old PC.

I don't remember seeing much discussion about this lately.

Is there anything new I should look at. I would have thought there might be something with Arduino or maybe Ras Pi by now, possibly needing some interfacing hardware, but I'm not aware of anything.

So, any advice from the group?  Old or new. Are my very old Prologix interfaces still worth looking at?

-Rex