On 1/31/19 9:41 AM, Attila Kinali wrote:
On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 20:33:23 -0800
Peter Monta <pmo...@gmail.com> wrote:

Mini-Circuits has such a 4-port phase splitter, part number SCQ-4-1650+.
It's $25, which is not super cheap, but it's unclear one could implement
such a network with a planar circuit for less, and the planar circuit would
be more bulky.

That one looks interesting indeed. Especially as the datasheet mentiones
quadrifilar. Now I wonder whether that means the internal structure is
a quadirfilar transformer or it is meant for quadiriflar antennas.
While the latter would be a weird way to describe it, the former sounds
more plausible. But then, I have no idea how one could use a quadrifilar
transformer for a polyphase splitter. Does someone have an idea?

More likely the outputs are 0,90,180,270. Basically some stripline couplers cleverly arranged. A standard Lange coupler generates a 0 and 90, and you can probably arrange the input circuit to make the flipped phase versions.

Doing it for wideband is the challenge.

https://www.microwaves101.com/encyclopedias/lange-couplers

                        Attila Kinali