course, came up with an August 1999 date.  A quick "Google" found that
someone is hosting a zipped Windows executable (apparently originally from
Garmin) that you run when the satnav is connected to your PC via a serial
cable, and it corrects whatever internally so that the date is reported
correctly.  Works like an absolute charm!  The program doesn't say it is

Amazing! Now my GPS12 shows correct date again! Time is still not exactly synced, but inside same second. Maybe it's display issue; too slow rerfresh rate for accurate seconds.

My GPS12 was unused many years and had lost all settings. Last time I used it in geocaching because it seems to perform better than smartphone GPS in some difficult places like in forest.

--
73s!
Esa