Yo Bubba Dudes!,
The LT3042 seems to be a wonderful part.  But having learned a long time ago
the it wasn't wise to gold plate a Yugo, so when are there diminishing returns?
For example I have several HP 10811 oscillators. one is in a HP5335a counter
that I'd like to make as stable as reasonably possible. Another HP10811 needs a
power supply.   Also several Lucent XO OCXO's.
So where is it practical to hack for better results and when do you use some
not -as -wonderful regulator chips that come in a much easier to use dip
package for a power supply upgrade?
Regards,
Perrier