there was one "zwischen basis-Schaltung" which has good noise properties basically the basis and the emitter of a bipolar transistor is connected to the two ends of a transformer's secondary winding ,a a tap on said winding is grounded Ulrich Rohde may could tell more about it, I have seen articles written by him on that subject long time ego perhaps in German.

73
KJ6UHN
Alex