in original -- Latin -- it means;  take every tenth
73
KJ6UHN
 Alex

On 2/25/2020 7:15 AM, Bob kb8tq via time-nuts wrote:
Hi

In the common vernacular “decimation” does indeed mean “just throw the rest
away”.
You can find papers where that *is* what’s being done with samples and that
term is
used. Downsample also means “just throw them away”……

Bob

On Feb 25, 2020, at 9:55 AM, Dana Whitlow via time-nuts