I have a few HP10811 and was thinking of making an interesting setup:  A setup
where frequency is purposely offset by user defined amount by few Hz, and make
it selectable.

Under normal setup, I would use a potentiometer and EFC control the frequency.
When I adjust EFC, the frequency immediately moves but then drifts.  It takes
an hour or so to settle down again, then I have to readjust.  Due to precision
of my testing setup, I am unable to quantify this.

Is this a nature of OCXO in general or is this unique to HP10811?