On 5/1/20 5:00 PM, Richard Solomon wrote:
Where do you buy these ? Their web site was not too illuminating.

digikey and mouser carry a lot of SiTime parts, including eval boards.

Tnx, Dick, W1KSZ

On Fri, May 1, 2020, 4:31 PM mp...@clanbaker.org <mp...@clanbaker.org>
wrote:

Hello, time Nutters--

I have been phase locking the freq counters in my HP 6-GHz VNA, Tektronix
spectrum analyzer and bench freq counter to the 10 MHz signal from
a Trimble Thunderbolt via a 4-port distribution box and long coax cables
to each of the instruments.  This works well but is a pain in the tush
connecting to long coax cables when the bench test gear are moved around.

A friend suggested looking into some MEMS TCXO's made by SiTime to
do this with.   SiTime offers a wide variety of Stratum-3 TCXO chips.  One
of them is the SiT5358 which is spec'd at 0.05 ppm from 1 to 60 MHz.

https://www.sitime.com/products/super-tcxos/sit5358

I am wondering what any feedback thoughts might be on this from
the Time-Nuts gang?  An eval-PCB board for the SiT5358 chip is
available.  What say the Time-Nutters gang about this approach for
incorporating a small SiT5358 eval-PCB board into my bench test
gear for phase locking to?  I am also wondering which of the
SuperStratum3 TCXO chips might be the best choice for a project
like this?

Any feedback on this is most welcome!

Mike Baker
Gainesville/Micanopy, Florida