Hi everyone,

On 8/6/20 5:55 AM, jimlux wrote:
On 8/5/20 4:18 PM, Mark Haun wrote:
I wonder if someone maintains a directory of ionosondes.  Seems like
waste/duplication to have every interested party set up their own,
instead of piggy-backing on what's already out there.  There's also the
pollution factor---one certainly hears them often enough while operating
narrowband on shortwave, and while not particularly intrusive, we don't
need more.

yes, there is a directory of ionosondes.. I can't lay my fingers on it right now, but it's there.

The WebSDR by Pieter-Tjerk de Boer (PA3FWM) samples all of of shortwave, and one of the experiments he's been doing is the tracking of ionosondes.

http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/chirps/

Regards, Paul Boven