Hi

You could also say that with a longer accumulator, you get a closer
approximation to a
desired waveform.

If you compare the data sheets, the spur levels on the 48 bit parts

ad9854.html <https://www.analog.com/en/products/ad9854.html>
ad9912.html <https://www.analog.com/en/products/ad9912.html>
https://www.analog.com/en/products/ad9956.html
<https://www.analog.com/en/products/ad9956.html>

are more related to the age of the part than the width when compared to the
smaller parts

https://www.analog.com/en/products/ad5930.html
<https://www.analog.com/en/products/ad5930.html>
https://www.analog.com/en/products/ad9834.html
<https://www.analog.com/en/products/ad9834.html>

Indeed, if you go through the entire page if parts

https://www.analog.com/en/parametricsearch/11018#/
<https://www.analog.com/en/parametricsearch/11018#/>

There does not appear to be a spur penalty for wider parts. Newer is indeed
better, pretty
much across the board.

Bob