On 10/16/20 1:54 PM, jimlux wrote:
On 10/16/20 9:08 AM, Graham / KE9H wrote:
On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 12:19 PM paul swed <paulsw...@gmail.com> wrote:

Graham take a look earlier in the thread there are details about the
teensy. There is actually a lot of hardware out there today for little
money. Thats what makes the SDR DSP approach interesting and for me at
least the next thing to take a run at.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL

Hi Paul:

I have looked at the Teensy 4.0 for use as a WWVB SDR receiver.

The problems I have are:

1.) PJRC (the designer/manufacturer) has gone out of their way to block
access to the standard ARM SWD programming interface, and you must go
through the unique USB loader executable and programming interface if you
want to program the board. It is awkward to use a normal development
environment such as NXP's MCUXpresso with a standard programming interface.
It is really intended for use with the provided Arduino programming
environment.

I'm not so sure about that. There's quite a few folks using ARM toolchains and not using the USB loader.   For that matter, if you can generate an executable, in any fashion, you can use their loader.

I've done it with a 3.2, but not the 4.0, so maybe there's a hiccup.. But usually, the support forum has a wealth of information.

Or TyQT, which is what I use a lot with Teensy boards - it will reflash it, reboot, etc. Yeah, you don't get a debugger - you have to toggle pins and use a scope, or printf()

googling Teensy 4.0 ARM SWD might turn up useful stuff.