Hi Jeffrey,

On 3/14/2021 9:52 AM, Jeffrey Pawlan wrote:
I have been using the new BPSK receiver for NIST. There are two
strange things that perhaps others can explain. It only syncs one and
only one time per day, usually around 8pm. It also shows an interrupt
count anywhere between 2 and 50 every day. I am sure it can receive
the signal more frequently than once in a day. Is that caused by the
design of the arduino software?

Yes.  The Arduino firmware loaded into the unit stock is programmed to only
check once per day.  I believe mine checks at 10pm local time?  You can adjust
the firmware using Arduino for it to sync continuously or adjust the time when
it syncs.  I've been meaning to update mine to sync continuously, but just
haven't done it yet as syncing once per day is good enough for me.  :)

The interrupt count, I believe, is the count of how many attempts it made to
receive the time before it got a good sync.  Mine typically says 1 if I let it
sync in the middle of the night.  If I reset it, say right now, I might get 5
to 10 before it syncs up.

I also saw last night they sent a message "DST starts at 11/07 0200".
This morning it says "DST in effect" and "NDST at 11/07". Why are
they showing that date?

That is the date when daylight daylight savings time ends.  It likes to tell
you if DST is in effect, and when the next time change will happen.  :)

thanks much and 73,
ben, KD5BYB