Joe,

If its a hardware fault it can usually be repaired but if its software then that could be a show stopper. If you have the required test equipment and some expertise then trace the signal from the antenna ( usually a cross field) through the crystal filter to the processor.

I would thing that the best way would be tp open up the clcok and find the movement type and manufacturer and get a new one from somewhere like Timesavers - I assume that you are in the US.

Good luck

Peter